Information Privacy & Security Policy
What personal information do we collect from you?
Personal information you provide to us:
When using the App you may provide us with personal information which includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number and location data. However your location data may be collected for the purpose of delivering location-based services if any which is subjected to your authorization of accessing such data from your device. You control how much information you provide to us. We may also receive this information from your event organizer so we can prepopulate certain fields in the App. When using the App you can also decide to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition, you can fill out a free form “About Me” text box to provide additional information about yourself as well as respond to posts, comments, survey/poll responses and any other App related functions or features that may be available to you. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with us, the event organizer and the other attendees. If you are an event organizer you may also provide us with conference agendas, customer lists, exhibitor lists and other information. Personal data we collect through your use of our App or Website. We collect limited personal data from you through your use of our App or Website. The only personal data we actively collect from you beyond that which you have provided through registration are your IP address, browser software, operating system and the time and date on which you visited the App or Website. In addition, we may also track your usage of the App for statistical and research purposes by means of cookies.
For what purpose do we process your personal information?
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- • Providing you with information about the event that you are attending and other events that you might be interested to attend;
- • Enabling App features such as “check-ins”, surveys/polls, messaging, channels, agenda sessions, exhibitors, recommendations, targeting, speakers and locations;
- • Prepopulating App fields such as conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists and location information;
- • Showing your App activity on the activity feeds in the App;
- • For analytics and market research purposes to improve our services, develop new products and launch services for other purposes;
- • Sending emails or push notifications in relation to the event; and
- • Processing complaints, handling disputes, performing audits and meeting statutory requirements.
- • Processing the information to be exchanged with approved 3rd party systems with which our systems are securely integrated in order to deliver the services
With whom do we share your personal information?
Our principle is that we do not share your personal data with any third parties, unless we have a valid reason to do so. However we may be obliged to share and/or transfer your personal data under the following special circumstances;
- • We may provide your personal data to third parties in order to meet a legal obligation or court order.
- • In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assignee.
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, we have taken adequate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information through our internal security policies in order to manage the access to data assets and infrastructure from our existing and terminated employees. We further ensure that our cloud infrastructure service providers does comply with all necessary policies, compliances and local/global regulations in order to ensure the industry-standard data security measures for which we enter in to enforceable contracts and agreements to protect your information from any breach at the last-mile.
What are your rights?
Based on the local laws that pertain to the countries in which our companies have nexus, you may request to review, change or remove your personal data. You can submit such substantiated request – including your full name – to us per email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you within thirty (30) business days after receipt of a request to review, change or remove your personal data.
Cookies and similar technologies
Appendix 1: Cookies and Purpose
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
|These cookies are necessary in order for you to move around the service as you request. It allows us to recognize what type of attendee, exhibitor, or other subscriber you are so that we can then accordingly provide services.|
|Functional||These cookies allow us to use certain features of the service in accordance with the choices that you make. These cookies mean that if you continue to use the services or return to the services, we can then provide services tailored for you based on the choices you have made or asked us to hold like your username or your customizations.|
|Performance and Analysis||We use performance cookies to help us provide a better user experience for you based on optimizing the services and constantly optimizing the features and performance. We may also obtain information from features that you open or access or click on. This information tells us about the effectiveness of certain features and helps ensure that the content and features we provide are optimized for your interests.|